Thursday, October 9, 2008

Here We Go

Hello. I am a 30 year old lifelong resident of Oklahoma City. My dream growing up has been to live in a city with a professional sports franchise and to have season tickets. My hometown now has that team in the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Summer of 2008 has seen the circumstances and feelings of the move be discussed ad nauseum so I will not get into it here. It's over, it's done and now it's about basketball.

My goal with this blog is to offer a fans perspective of the team and to hopefully offer a glimpse that fans outside of the city or state might not get to read about or see for themselves. I will also offer my own commentary on the games, players, news and notes surrounding the team. Full disclosure; I am a horrific basketball player. I can execute a weave drill, a pick and roll and little else. That said, as I learn the team I think I can offer some coherent and hopefully interesting opinions.

I am lucky enough to be a season ticket holder. My dream is now reality. Hopefully the Thunder will win a few.